Adents, a leading provider of versatile and easily deployable serialization and track-and-trace software solutions for the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries, will introduce its Pharma Suite serialization software to the US market at Pack Expo Las Vegas booth S-7652, 28-30 September 2015. Widely known in Europe, Adents recently opened a US office in Princeton, NJ, as it continues to make inroads into the North American pharmaceutical sector.
Developed in compliance with GMP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations and following GAMP5 guidelines, Adents' serialization software solutions perform a variety of crucial track-and-trace capabilities, including:
- generation of unique barcodes and importation of serial numbers
- affiliations management for origin identification (bundle, pallet, etc.), and distribution of various types of serialized code
- facilitate and drive the printing of unit barcodes, and control their conformity
- data centralization and reports processing.
Adents Pharma Suite utilises user-friendly, standardized turnkey software compatible with both information systems (ERP, MES) and existing production and packaging equipment. Easily upgradable, the software is designed to address both current and emerging regulations to help pharma companies remain in compliance long-term.
The Adents Pharma Suite software has several key differentiating attributes, including speed to deployment, with an implementation up to five times faster than competing serialization solutions; easy configuration, consisting of plug-and-play modularity for existing hardware; cost-effectiveness, as evidenced by a cost of less than $100K per line, service included; and maximum flexibility with easy, centralized changeovers.
Adents Pharma Suite has three key components:
- At the enterprise level, Adents Pharma Exchange serves as a gateway to transit serialization data, ensuring product authenticity. The software is centrally deployed on each production site and is capable of exchanging data with third-party entities such as regulatory authorities, strategic partners and customers.
- At the site level, Adents Pharma Supervisor manages and distributes serialized codes. Deployed on a central server at each production site and capable of steering several production lines simultaneously, the module is the key central component of Adents' serialization and aggregation suite at the plant level
- At the line level, Adents Pilot drives the printing of unit codes and controls their conformity. The solution directs printing and vision systems, and manages communication with line equipment to deliver a customer's choice of item-level serialization; item-to-bundle aggregation; bundle-to-case aggregation; or case-to-pallet aggregation.
"Adents Pharma Suite is a powerful serialization solution that combines high accuracy with fast implementation and user simplicity - two factors that lead to its remarkable, unparalleled cost-effectiveness," said Christophe Devins, CEO, Adents. "Efficient and reliable, it is fully interoperable, easily scalable, and exceptionally flexible to the ever-shifting needs of pharmaceutical manufacturers and contract packagers."