World’s Largest Virtual Pharma Expo Agenda Unveiled:Former FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb to address industry on sustainable innovation at CPhI Festival of Pharma8 September 2020
Amsterdam, 03 September 2020: CPhI Festival of Pharma (5-16 October, 2020), the world’s largest ever virtual pharma expo, unveils its ground-breaking two-week long agenda. The newly launched and rapidly created virtual event will provide the global pharma community with a vital platform to meet and exchange ideas – at a time when the industry is still adapting to remote ways of working.
The CPhI Festival of Pharma will see global industry heavyweights join forces with more than 20,000 attendees, in what will be a first of its kind virtual pharma gathering designed to meet the needs of the industry in 2021 and beyond.
Amongst more than 50 different content sessions, Dr. Scott Gottlieb – Former FDA Commissioner – will use his keynote platform to implore the industry on continuing its efforts towards combining record innovation with affordable healthcare. His seminal talk will explore how the industry can use this moment to implement more sustainable models, increased patient access, and look ahead at how alternative payment models will improve future healthcare delivery.
In another landmark address, Adrian van den Hoven, Director General, Medicines for Europe will explore the very timely question of how lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic will affect the commission’s new strategy for pharmaceutical policy. Outcomes from which will shape the direction of policy decisions in an ongoing update of pharmaceutical legislation, and therefore, opportunities and challenges ahead for manufacturers operating both within and outside Europe.
Speaking on the aims of Festival of Pharma, Tara Dougal, head of content at CPhI Festival of Pharma, added: “It’s vital in this moment that we empower global pharma with insights and learning in a rapidly evolving global landscape. But of course, global travel restrictions have limited in-person events, so the need for a virtual platform with a holistic perspective has never been greater. To realise our aspirations, we are running the event across two weeks so that we can cover everything from drug discovery and APIs, through to pricing, vaccine development and future technologies like 3D-printed dosages, AI and cell and gene therapies. The great strength of CPhI is that we truly bring everyone together and our content reflects this”.
Gil Roth, another industry pioneer as the founder of the PBOA, will apply his forward-looking perspectives in a keynote on ‘the future of drug manufacturing’. This session will address the current outlook for the CDMO sector, geopolitics and onshoring as well as the lasting legacy COVID may have on pharma supply chains, clinical trials and inspections.
One of the most recent supply side contingencies government and industry has sought to mitigate against is a reliance on international API sources. In a panel discussion, experts will explore what the future of API production will look like, and how the duality of a growing domestic industry will play out against macro changes for hybrid international sourcing models.
Another key issue in a post-COVID working environment is how companies can maintain productivity in remote settings, while continuing to ensure the welfare of their workforces. CPhI is aiming to lead pharma industry efforts and will run a series of ground-breaking sessions entitled Wellbeing at Work covering everything from ‘anxiety’ and ‘brain training’ to getting ‘better sleep’, ‘resilience at work’ and ‘training managers in a digital era’.
Microsoft’s National Director US Life Sciences Industry, Dave Meyers, will present his keynote vision on new collaborations between tech and pharma. Cross-sector collaborations will bring about vast improvements in patient engagement and real-world value, with new immersive patient experiences, personalised communications and real-time care.
“We have designed the content to be incredibly varied and will feature a range of formats from webinars, panel discussions, and podcasts to traditional media interviews, White Papers and unique market insights. The latter will run in the second week and mirror our traditional World of Pharma podiums with market data on India, Japan and the United States,” added Dougal.
The Festival will also include a dedicated Women in Leadership Forum – featuring talks by female CEOs of pharma innovators – and a patient centricity session led by a patient advocacy group. Recognising the industry’s stellar efforts to rapidly develop new solutions in response to COVID-19, there will be a Special COVID Innovation Award. Finally, the eagerly anticipated and hotly contested CPhI Pharma Awards will return with a dedicated virtual ceremony, but this year will also include a live webinar for finalists to pitch details of their entries and innovations. Winners will be unveiled across 15 categories covering every aspect of the pharmaceutical industry and supply chain.
Register here for Festival of pharma (including 50% off with Early bird discount if completed by September 06th) and to hear a detailed review of session please listen to our content preview podcast with Tara Dougal.
Provisional Content Agenda
Monday 5th October:
- Webinar Keynote: COVID-19 Focus – How could the lessons learned from COVID-19 apply to the new EU pharmaceutical policy? (11:00)
- Webinar: US Market Outlook – Bringing manufacturing home (12:30)
- Webinar Panel: COVID-19 Global Emergencies – Innovation Across Boarders: How pharma and innovators are fighting back against COVID-19 and ways forward (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar Panel: Drug Discovery – Vaccine Development Challenges: Speeding up and scaling up (15:30 – 17:00)
- Podcast Interview – Drug Discovery and Vaccine Development
Tuesday 6th October:
- Webinar Keynote: Future of Drug Delivery (11:00)
- Webinar: Italian Pharma Outlook (in partnership with Teknoscienze) (12:30)
- Webinar Panel Discussion: Natural Extracts – Unlocking the potential of cannabinoid derived drugs (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar Panel Discussion: Drug Delivery & Development – Overcoming tomorrow’s formulation challenges (15:30 – 17:00)
- Podcast Interview: Drug Development: The next frontier for CDMOs?
Wednesday 7th October:
- Webinar Keynote: CDMO Focus – The future of drug manufacturing (11:00)
- Webinar Panel Discussion: China – What does the future of API production look like? (12:30)
- Webinar: M&A in the Cell & Gene sector (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar Panel Discussion: Manufacturing & Outsourcing – CDMO trends & outlook (15:30 – 17:00)
- Podcast Interview: The CDMO response to COVID-19
Thursday 8th October:
- Webinar Keynote: Redefining supply chain resiliency (11:00)
- Webinar: Saudi Arabia – Opening up new opportunities for pharma (12:30)
- Webinar: Introduction to pharmaceuticals in the environment (PiE) and anti-microbial resistance (AMR) (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar: Trends in pharma packaging, administration & drug delivery devices (in partnership with Pharmapack) (15:30 – 17:00)
- Podcast Interview: The patient experience
Friday 9th October:
- Webinar Keynote: Cross-sector collaboration – The enormous potential for pharma and tech (11:00)
- Session TBC (12:30)
- Webinar Panel – An overview of the main regulatory issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar Panel: Digital: AI and Machine Learning (ML) – How to meet the increasing global demand for data science, AI and ML and its potential (15:30 – 17:00)
- Podcast Interview: Are 3D printed drugs the future of personalised medicine?
Monday 12th October:
- Webinar Regulatory Keynote (11:00)
- Webinar: Japan: Market Outlook (12:00)
- Webinar Roundtable: Patient Centricity – Beyond the buzzword (14:00 – 15:00)
- Webinar: CPhI Pharma Awards: Innovation pitch session (16:00 – 17:30)
- Podcast: Leadership lessons
Tuesday 13th October:
- Webinar: Market Outlook: US (12:00)
- Webinar Roundtable: Tackling nitrosamine contamination (14:00 – 15:30)
- CPhI Pharma Awards (16:00 – 17:30)
- Podcast: Leading start-up innovation in oncology treatments
Wednesday 14th October:
- Webinar: Market Outlook: India (12:00)
- Webinar Roundtable: Innovation in oncology development (14:00 – 15:30)
- Women in Leadership Forum (16:00 – 18:00)
- Podcast: Leadership lessons
Thursday 15th October:
- Webinar: Pharmapack: Market Outlook (11:00)
- Webinar Roundtable: Impact of API globalisation on drug shortages (14:00 – 15:30)
- Webinar: Jefferson Institute for Bioprocessing: Virtual facility tour & training workshop (16:00 – 17:30)
- Podcast: Leadership lessons: COVID-19 Pandemic – The surprising invitation to re-evaluate and re-design human capital practices
Friday 16th October:
- Webinar: China: Market Outlook (12:30)
- Webinar Roundtable: Cell & Gene technology (14:00 – 15:30)
- Webinar: Leadership in times of crisis (in partnership with The Medicine Maker) (16:00 – 17:30)
- Podcast: Leadership lessons
CPhI drives growth and innovation at every step of the global pharmaceutical supply chain from drug discovery to finished dosage. Through exhibitions, conferences and online communities, CPhI brings together more than 100,000 pharmaceutical professionals each year to network, identify business opportunities and expand the global market. CPhI hosts events in Europe, Korea, China, India, Japan, South East Asia, North America, and the Middle East and Africa. Co-locating with ICSE for contract services; P-MEC for machinery, equipment & technology; InnoPack for pharmaceutical packaging; bioLIVE for biopharma; Finished Dosage Formulation for every aspect of the finished dosage supply chain; and NEX for natural extract products, applications and solutions. CPhI provides an online buyer and supplier directory at CPhI-Online.com.
For more information visit https://www.cphi.com
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
The Informa Markets annual schedule of Pharmaceutical events include: CPhI Korea (26-28 August, 2020 at COEX – Seoul, Korea); CPhI Japan (30 September – 2 October, 2020 at Intex Osaka Exhibition Center – Osaka, Japan); CPhI, ICSE, P-MEC, FDF, InnoPack Worldwide, BioProduction (13-15 October, 2020 at Fiera Milano, Milan); CPhI South East Asia (4-6 November, 2020 at IMPACT Center – Bangkok, Thailand); CPhI & P-MEC India (25–27 November 2020 at the India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, Delhi NCR – Delhi, India); CPhI and P-MEC China (16-18 December, 2020 at SNIEC – Shanghai, China); Pharmapack Europe (27-28 January 2021 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles – Paris, France); CPhI Middle East & Africa (24-25 March, 2021 at the ADNEC – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates); CPhI North America (20 - 21 April, 2021 at Pennsylvania Convention Centre – Philadelphia, USA.