Oleochemical additives are among the most important and extensively used excipients in the pharmaceutical industry. Formulation requirements continue to demand higher performance ingredients and industry regulation is increasing.
Peter Greven began addressing these requirements many years ago and dedicated a production facility for the manufacture of vegetable stearates.
Today, Venlo manufactures pharmaceutical grade stearates of uncompromising quality, consistency, performance and regulatory compliance. The complexity of operations requires a continuous process of improvement and customisation. For decades we have embraced this challenge and are now the global market leader for Pharmaceutical Stearates.
LIGAMED: High Quality Excipients for the Pharmaceutical Industry
Our brand name LIGAMED is dedicated to our high quality excipients, specifically developed for use in pharmaceutical applications. Ligamed offers an industry leading portfolio of attributes covering exceptional physical and chemical characteristics, dedicated technical support and robust regulatory compliance.
Key quality characteristics and product advantages:
- Our LIGAMED grades are produced from vegetable based renewable sources and are produced according to strict IPEC PQG GMP regulations
- LIGAMED products comply with all major pharmacopoeias: PH.Eur, USP/NF, BP, JP, DAB
- Kosher and Halal certified grades are available in the Ligamed range of products
- All Ligamed products are manufactured using a specific precipitated manufacturing process. Our process has been carefully engineered to produce a high specific surface area (SSA). This particle size and shape offers high formulation efficiencies and improved formulated product results.
- A high percentage of fine particles and a narrow particle size spectrum offer exceptional lubrication, release and separation during the formulation process.
- LIGAMED products are manufactured on dedicated production lines. There is no possibility of cross contamination.
- Only the very best vegetable based raw materials are used in the production of Ligamed products. We offer a comprehensive audit trail to re-affirm our raw material sourcing.
- We are a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and Peter Greven actively supports the development of sustainable palm oil.
- Ligamed batch continuity is controlled by constant supervision.
- Our Ligamed range has been developed from decades of pharmaceutical grade stearate production. This product range will continue to anticipate and serve the highest demands of the pharmaceutical industry.
Our LIGAMED Ògrades cover an extensive range of application in the pharmaceutical industry:
- Tableting agent
- Flowability agent
- Separating agent
- Water repellent
We are glad to offer you a broad product portfolio for the pharmaceutical industry:
- LIGAMED MF-2-V
- LIGAMED MF-3-V
- LIGAMED MF-2-V-BI
- LIGAMED MF-2-V PREMIUM
- LIGAMED MF-2-K & LIGAMED MF-3-K
- LIGAMED CPR-2-V
- LIGAMED CPR-2-K
- LIGAMED SA-1-V
- LIGAMED SA-2-V